What You Might Have Been Missing…
Have you tasted some of the amazing vegan products that are available at your grocery store lately? If not, you’ve been missing out…
As awareness about the health benefits of plant-based diets expands, the demand for good quality, minimum-ingredient and incredibly good-tasting meat, dairy and wheat substitutes has also been increasing rapidly. Many specialty food companies have been rising to the challenge and coming up with delicious alternatives! The best thing is that you don’t have to be vegan to give them a try. Although my husband and I are pescaterians, we use many plant-based food products. Here are some of the vegan food and beverage items that, in my opinion, are definitely worth a taste:
- Banza Chickpea Pasta: A delicious gluten-free alternative to wheat- and rice-based pastas, it also has high fiber and protein content! Banza offers many different kinds of past, in addition to pizza and rice substitutes.
Where to find Banza Foods: You can use the Find Banza Near You store locator on their website (under References). In my area, Banza products are available at Publix, Target, Walmart, Sprouts, etc.
- Beyond Burger and Impossible Burger: If you believe that you can’t fake meat, think again! These plant-based burgers cook, smell and taste like the real thing. Both brands offer other plant-based items such as sausages, meatballs, ground beef and more.
Where to find Beyond Burger: Many restaurants and fast-food chains serve them, but you can also buy them at Publix, Sprouts, Target, Walmart, etc.
Where to find Impossible Burger: Many restaurants and fast-food chains also serve them, but you can use the Impossible Foods store locator under References to find them in your area. Some of the places in my area are Publix, Walmart, some Starbucks locations, etc.
- Califia Toasted Coconut Almond Milk and Chobani Oat Milk: Delicious, creamy and tasty milk substitutes! Both brands offer different milk and coffee creamer flavors, either sweetened or unsweetened.
Where to find Califia Milk and Coffee Creamers: You can use the Find Your Plant Base locator on their website (under References). In my area: Publix, Sprouts, Chamberlin’s Whole Foods, etc. Their products are also available on Amazon.
Where to find Chobani Milk and Creamers: You can use the Where to Buy Base locator on their website (under References). In my area: Publix, Walmart, Walgreens, etc. Their products are also available on Amazon.
- Daiya New York Cheezecake: Best plant-based cheesecake ever! Try it with blueberry sauce or others favorite toppings. Additional flavors: Chocolate, Strawberry and Key Lime. Daiya offers many additional plant-based products, including cheese alternative shreds, slices, sticks and blocks; salad dressing (try the Creamy Caesar or Blue Cheeze); pizza; burritos; dessert bars and more.
Where to find: You can go to the Daiya Foods Product Locator website page (under References). In my area, I can find their products at Public, Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc.
- Miyoko’s Creamery European Style Organic Cultured Vegan Butter: This brand deserves an honorable mention for offering several vegan products that are among the best I’ve ever tasted! As someone who likes to eat butter with bread, rather than bread with butter, not being able to do that anymore was the hardest part of giving up dairy. I always found butter substitutes very dissatisfying, until I recently tasted Miyoko’s vegan butter. If you don’t tell your family or friends that they’re having vegan butter, they won’t be able to tell the difference. This vegan butter is perfect for cooking, too!
Miyoko’s Creamery offers many other delicious items, including Vegan Cashew Milk Mozzarella (original or smoked) and Fish-free Lox Cream Cheese. All their products are organic.
Where to find: You can use their Store Finder link (under References). In my area, I find these products at Publix, Target, Sprouts, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, etc.
- So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Yogurt: The So Delicious brand has been around long enough that it could be considered an old vegan classic. In addition to their above-par coconut milk- and oat milk-based yogurts (in different flavors, either sweetened or unsweetened), they’re famous for their very tasty coconut milk, cashew milk or almond milk frozen desserts, as well as milk, creamer and cheese alternatives.
Where to find: You can go to the So Delicious Dairy Free Where to Buy - Find Our Deliciousness page (under References). In my area, these products are found at Publix, Target, Walmart, WinnDixie, BJs Wholesale Club, Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc.
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Kale, Cashew and Basil Pesto: In my opinion, their delicious plant-based version of this classic sauce is better than the real thing!
Where to find: Trader Joe’s stores (please see their store locator under References).
- VioLife Just Like Cream Cheese - Original: After trying many different fair to good-tasting brands of cream cheese, this brand has become my favorite, by far.
Where to find: You can use the Where We Are Locator on their website (under References). In my area, I find it at Publix.
Although vegan foods have become much more affordable due to their increasing popularity and demand, some of these products are still considered a bit pricey, if compared to their non-plant-based counterparts. But not if you take into consideration that this is an important investment in your health; not to mention the health of other living beings and our planet. Try them out!
© Gisele Marasca-Vargas; 04/2721
Photo by Raul Vargas
Find Banza Near You - Store Locator
Beyond Meat - Where to Find
Impossible Products Store Locator:
Califia Farms - Find Your Plant Base
Chobani - Where to Buy
Daiya Foods - Product Locator
Miyoko’s Creamery Store Finder
So Delicious Dairy Free Where to Buy - Find Our Deliciousness
Trader Joe’s Store Locator
VioLife Where We Are Locator
You Might Also Like:
Coconut Oil: The Miraculous Cure-all?
10 Useful Tips for Weight Loss/Management
THIS IS TOO MUCH!!! About Highly Sensitive People
Beyond Age: The Middle Is The New Beginning
2/3/2022 03:59:09 am
What an exquisite article! Your post is very helpful right now. Thank you for sharing this informative one.
2/3/2022 03:59:48 am
This is a very informative—edifying article to all. Thanks a lot! Continue to post!
10/11/2022 02:26:02 am
Great article! Thank you for sharing your ideas. Glad to bump into your blog. Keep it up, kudos!
Leave a Reply.